I just finished sewing project #2. It was actually project #1 that I completed all on my own with no help. I think they turned out cute, but they definitely look cuter on than in this picture. It is hard to get them to lay straight for a picture, plus an iron probably would have helped. I had only planned to make Steven jammies from this fabric, but I had enough fabric left over to do pants for Elise as well. Not enough for a shirt though, I may get a coordinating solid or something, or she may just have pants. We'll see how ambitious I feel about that one later. These jammies are definitely not perfect, but I think they are cute anyway. It was definitely a learning project. For one, I learned that I don't sew pockets. After making 3 pockets, I decided to sew on the least hideous of the three, and then was unsatisfied with how I sewed it on, so I used the seam ripper to remove it, resewed it on, thought it looked worse the second time around, and removed it a second time. After all of this I decided it was just as cute without a pocket at all. (Was it really, or was I just fed up with the pocket? Who knows?). Button holes are also not my favorite, but I got through them, and I only had to redo three of the four. It was fun though, and I am looking forward to my next couple of projects, Christmas Jammies for Elise and matching robes for both Elise and Steven. Notice I'm not attempting anything that will be worn outside of the house. This way if they are a little shady, no one will know any different.
Monday, October 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
So darling! You should have them wear their PJ's in front of your tree for your Christmas Card this year! :) Seriously!
I love red shoes too...you need to post a photo of yours...as then maybe I'll need to go out and buy some new shoes. I still kick myself because I never bought the cute Red or Pink Pumas you and Lins had! :)
Wow girl! Look at you go. Do you want to come to my house and teach me how to sew? Gosh, all I;m contemplating on making are trick or treat bags for my kids. That may be all I can handle.
Post a Comment