Wednesday, October 22, 2008

P is for...

P is for...

PIRATE HAT


The whole idea for these little felt hats started with the fact that I made Elise's Halloween costume, but not Steven's, so I thought I would at least make him a pirate hat to go with his costume. He won't wear hats, so this should last about 5 seconds, hopefully long enough to snap a quick picture of him wearing it with his costume.


PRINCESS HAT


I knew that if I made Steven a hat, Elise who actually loves hats would probably want one too. So, I made her a princess hat, which she refuses to wear because she only wants to wear the pirate hat. You can probably tell by the look on her face in the pictures that she was complaining about wearing this particular hat. I guess she is more of a pirate than a princess at heart.


PARTY HAT


Then I decided to make Steven a crown for his first birthday in place of a party hat. Once again, I'm not too sure why I spent time on this as we will be lucky if he wears it long enough to snap one picture before he tears it off his head, but it was kind of fun and not too tricky to make, so oh well. However, in hindsight, I probably should have made just the pirate hat "for Elise" and let Steven "borrow it" for 30 seconds on Halloween to take a picture. They were fun though, and if anyone wants one for their little darlings, I can make you one, but I cannot guarantee that it will be very timely. My time should free up a bit after November 5th when our Young Women in Excellence Program is over, Elections will be over so no more hours to spend on prop. 8, and Steven's Bday will be over so no more planning his party. I could definitely fit a few in before Christmas if anyone is interested. I have supplies left over so it shouldn't really cost me anything to make them. Just let me know.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Holy cow! You were completely not telling me the truth when you said that you could not sew. You are fabulous! I love everything that you made. Because of you as my inspiration I actually bought some fabric yesterday and a pattern to make Fin a nightgown. I am pretty sure that I shouldn't even tackle the project. can you come and help me? :)