Friday, October 17, 2008
Jammies for Elise
I just finished Elise's Christmas jammies today, and I think they turned out cute, but it is hard to see the detail because it is all white. I actually still need to put a button on in back, but other than that, these are done. They went much faster than expected. This was my first experience with gathering, which was a little tricky but turned out okay. After I finished all the gathering on the bottom, I looked at it and thought, "I just made a ruffle. Does simplicity know that you can buy a ruffle for a couple of dollars?" Oh well. I think I'll make a short sleeve version, maybe in pink for Elise in the spring, and I will probably save a few steps by buying an eyelet ruffle for the bottom. It will match the cute eyelet lace that I trimmed this in, but the photos really don't show it because it is all white. Oh well. I think my next project will be felt crowns for Elise and Steven. I saw someone selling some cute one's for $35, and thought, hmmm... I could probably make that for $5 or $10. So, we''ll see how it goes.
Elise and Steven's jammies completed:



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







4 comments:
her nightgown resembles a mix between the American Girl Samantha & Kiersten ones! It's really cute and I am very impressed with your seamstress abilities! :) Super fun!
Kara,kara,kara... I love how you say that you can't sew and then you come up with these amazing jammies. I love them! When I say that I can't sew I mean it. I just made two pillows and those were hard enough. Good job. I love them!
WOW---hiding a talent from us all this time? You are great! I love the Pj's! Great job! Have you thought about a second job (1st=mommy) selling these clothes? SERIOUSLY!
What a beautiful blog you have! Thanks for entering the giveaway at my blog.
Post a Comment