Thursday, August 28, 2008

A Monkey for my little monkey girl




It has been soooo hot and humid lately, so the kids and I have spent a lot of time in the house, and I could tell Elise was going a little bit stir crazy. I had promised her that we would go to the park today, but by the time we were ready to head out the door it was almost noon and already getting very hot. So, I came up with a compromise. We went to Ontario Mills Mall and walked around, got a cookie and juice, and visited Build A Bear. It was kind of fun. Elise is very obsessed with monkeys right now. (In fact, she has asked for a monkey birthday cake for her birthday next week. Hmmm... not sure how I'm going to do that one. Any suggestions?) Anyway, they had a monkey build a bear which she was thrilled about. And of course my little munchkin had to pick out everything pink for the monkeys attire. A pink sweat suit, shoes and purse did the job (I had to talk her out of a few other accessories so as not to go overboard.) All in all, it was fun. She got to put the heart inside the monkeys belly, and fill it with stuffing. Although, she was a little scared by the sound the machine made, so I mostly did that part. Then she got to give her monkey a bath, pick an outfit, name her and make a birth certificate. When we got home all she wanted to do was a twirly dance with her monkey for the longest time. It was kind of cute. We are going to the zoo for her birthday, and she has already told me that she is going to take her monkey to see the monkeys at the zoo, so that should be fun.
At dinner tonight Elise insisted that "Oooh oooh aaah aaah" (that is what she has named the monkey) eat with us. We ordered pizza, and I tried setting Oooh oooh aaah aaah in the chair in front of the pizza box and telling her that the monkey could just eat out of the box, but that was just not going to do. The monkey had to have its own plate with its own piece of pizza. The things we do for our children! In case you are wondering about the name, that was 100% Elise's idea. I tried to sway her from her choice by offering several other fantastic name options such as Lola or Mona, but to no avail, so "Oooh oooh aaah aaah" it is.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

That's so cute! So how is oooh, oooh, ahhh, ahhh, doing? That sounds like something Max would do. By the way I LOVe Elise's skirt. Where did you get that?

Unknown said...

I thought I read earlier that the monkey's name was Missy? Am I imagining things? You are such a great mom! I love ELise's skirt too! So super cute! I gave you an award on my blog...visit it! :)

Kara said...

Yes, the birth certificate reads "Missy," as Elise couldn't come up with a name at the store and vetoed all of my other suggestions. However, as soon as we got home she turned on "Missy" and has decided on her own choice, "Oooh oooh aaah aaah."