Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Chuck E. Cheese




I took Elise and Steven to Chuck E Cheese today because I had made a little deal with Elise. She was terrified of going potty on the toilet, and would only go on a little potty. I find little potties disgusting, so I made a deal with her a while back that if she would go on the toilet I would take her to Chuck E. Cheese. She did it this morning (Hooray!) so we took a little trip to Chuck E. Cheese. They had this fun little picture game where it takes your picture and then on a computer screen a fake pencil makes a sketch from the photo. You get to watch every line drawn in. Obviously it is computer generated which is not as cool as a real sketch, but it was only one token so you can't really go wrong. It was kind of fun, and even Elise liked to watch it. The only catch is getting a baby to look at the screen when the photo is snapped. Fun, though. Also, you can sign up for the Chuck E. Cheese email newsletter, and they send you a coupon for 100 tokens for $10. We didn't even use half of them, so I guess we have another trip to Chuck E. Cheese coming some time. Elise loved playing all of the games, and they even had a little Teletubby ride that Steven had fun on over and over again. It was cracking him up. It was kind of a fun and cheap afternoon outing.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh...memories of Chuck-E-Cheese! Curt and I are convinced that we met once-upon-a-time when we were little in the Cheese Maze! It's been forever since we've been! :) Thanks for the tip about the tokens, I'll have to check that out!

Lindsay said...

Ah... good ol' Chuck E. Cheese, or Charles Cheese as my goon of a husband calls it. Those pencil sketches are the best. Max gets one everytime we go. Horray for Elise going on the potty!