Thursday, December 3, 2009

A Lucky Day

Do you ever have one of those days where you just feel loved? Yesterday was one of those days for me. First, I got a very fun package in the mail from a good friend. Here are part of its contents:

What fun! It is a little wooden nativity set with a stable. It is great, because I am about to get out my Christmas decorations, and this way there will be a set that my kids can actually play with. Also, she sent the cutest little Sesame Street Advent calendar which Elise LOVES. Thanks, Elizabeth!

Then last night while I was putting Steven to bed, I thought I heard some commotion in the front yard, but I figured it was the neighbors so I just ignored it. It was actually the Young Women putting these cute hearts with messages all over our lawn:


I wish I had taken a picture of them actually in the lawn, but it was too dark last night, and this morning they were a little wilted from the dew.

They also left something which I have enjoyed for breakfast this morning. Yum! Just don't look at how many are already missing because it is embarassing. I just have no self control when it comes to good chocolate, so a whole box could be dangerous for me.

The problem with having chocolate for breakfast is that I have to hide from my kids so that I don't have to share it with them. It's worth it though.

I was able to distract them with eggo waffles. Lucky for me, they are easily distracted.



And don't you love the gold bow in Elise's hair? It came off the See's candy box. She found it on the counter and said, "Hey look Mom, the Young Women left me a hair bow for a present!" I just went with it because I didn't want to tell her it was actually from a box of chocolate that I was not planning to share with her. Don't you just love fun surprises?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love how many chocolates you ate for breakfast! :) You are seriously my hero! When it comes to See's they are my absolute favorite! :) How sweet of the Young Women!
I'm glad the package arrived safe and sound. I too have other nativities that I put out, but I love that there is one that Mary Ann can play with.
I didn't know if the Sesame Street advent would be too young for Elise, I'm glad she liked it.
Glad you had such a great day! Love you.

Lindsay said...

What a fun day!!! I too could eat an entire box of See's chocolates for breakfast and all throughout the day. That is sounding very good right now. Too bad I have been given strict orders from my Dr. about not eating any more treats. That is a really cute nativity that Elizabeth gave to you. I need to get one that my kids can play with. Yay for great days!!!!

Jordan and Jodi said...

WOW--I love being loved! I wouldn't have gotten a picture of the chocolates...I would have eaten them before the camera was found! :) My in-laws sent our kids the fisher price nativity and assortment this year and it takes up the WHOLE living room...who needs a tree!! It's great to have a baby Jesus they can hold and play with and not get the "please, don't touch" phrase!