Steven is such a little crazy man that I have always thought he would be my child to break a bone bofore the age of five. Well, he hasn't broken that bone yet, but we did have a little disaster last week.
I had to run into Target to pick up a few things, and being the week before Christmas I knew things would be crazy. I just wanted Steven to stay in his stroller so I could get in and out quickly, but he was having none of it. He kept climbing out of his stroller and pulling everything off of every shelf. I decided I would outsmart him and buckle him in his stroller so that he couldn't get out. Ooops. The buckles proved effective for keeping him in the stroller, even when he was so mad he was buckled that he tried to jump out and tipped the whole stroller over, while still buckled in. I turned the stroller back over to see blood all over the ground and his shirt. He had split his chin open on something.
Unfortunately, the urgent care wouldn't do stitches so we ended up at the emergency room, which is really such a fun place to be. Steven was so cooperative that the ER doctor told me maybe I should consider making him my last child. I didn't mention that I was already pregnant so it was too late for that. But then, who could blame Steven for flipping out when they put him on a papoose board, velcroed him in, and had a nurse hold his head down. That might put me over the edge too.
When it was all over, instead of heading home like I should have, I decided to try to get into Target again and get my shopping over and done with (minus a stroller). Everyone kept looking at us funny, and I looked down to notice that both Steven's and my shirts were covered in blood. And of course, I was wearing a brand new shirt for the first time - just my luck.







1 comment:
That's so awful, and when you told me this story last week I was sitting there thinking, hmm... i wonder when Fin is going to do that. If her and Steven were to get together im sure they could get themselves into heaps of trouble! :) I hope the little guy is feeling better.
Post a Comment