Elise in front of Mrs. Platt's room before school on the first day. This is where they hang their backpacks each day.
Wednesday, September 1, 2010
First Day of Kindergarten
Elise started Kindergarten this week. She was so excited and wondered why all the parents were hanging around and why her mom wasn't leaving yet. I, on the other hand, was surprised that I was actually fighting back tears. Now that she has been going a few days I am fine, but there is a big difference between 9 hours a week of preschool and 30 hours a week of Kindergarten. Steven and I both miss her while she is gone. I was a little nervous about her making friends since I didn't think she would know anyone in her class. However it turned out that a little boy from her preschool class was also in her Kindergarten class. When she was playing in the yard before school started the first day, she and another little girl noticed that they were twins and were so excited that they were immediately friends. Granted, they wear uniforms so being twins was not that unlikely, but they thought it was very cool none the less. So far she has really enjoyed the whole Kindergarten experience. And one fun thing is that her school is literally a 3 minute walk from our front door so we get to walk to and from school each day. And I have to admit, I may have gone out of my way to drive by the school two or ten times on the first day just to see if I could get a glimpse of her on the playground, but I never managed to catch her.
Elise in front of Mrs. Platt's room before school on the first day. This is where they hang their backpacks each day.
Inside the classroom on the mat next to her "twin." They both had pigtails and everything.
Elise in front of Mrs. Platt's room before school on the first day. This is where they hang their backpacks each day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
Most definitely the cutest kindergartner I know!
She is so cute! I'm glad she is loving Kindergarten. She sounds just like Max, we got to school and he just ran right on in and was probably wondering why Aaron and I were just hanging around. Can you believe they are already in Kindergarten?
Post a Comment