Thursday, June 18, 2009

I looked out the window and what did I see?

... A boy in mismatched shoes and a cowgirl playing!

Yesterday I was doing dishes and I heard Steven at the back door going, "uh, uh, uh" which is Steven language for, "I want something and you need to get it for me." I walked back to see what he wanted, and he had put on two mismatched crocs - one of his own and one of Elise's, both of which happened to be lefties. He was reaching for the door and giving me the "uh, uh, uh" to go outside. I opened the door and sent he and Elise out to play, and went back to doing dishes. From the window over the sink I could see them, so I was doing dishes and watching the kids play.

Elise came running in saying something about needing a sun umbrella and a cowgirl hat so she could "ride the range with her horsie." Two minutes later she was back out the door and here is a picture of what I saw:


Apparently the bike was her horsie, and she was dragging him up and down the driveway. However she was careful to hold the sun umbrella over both herself and the horsie so neither of them would get too hot. What an imaginative little girl!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Very cute! Since I am deathly afraid of horses, I thik I would prefer to drag the trike up and down the driveway, rather than the real thing.

Unknown said...

How cute! I'm not so adventurous to let Mary Ann out of my sight! If only I had a safe backyard and a great kitchen window where I could watch her.
Did you know Lins was deathly afraid of horses? I didn't!