Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Oh, The Things That She Says...

I really don't know where Elise comes up with half of the things she says, but here are a few funny ones from the last day or two.

We were eating breakfast yesterday, and Elise got up and walked to the back door and opened it. I asked her what she was doing, and she said she was checking for monsters because she thought she heard one outside. I found it funny that she would open the door thinking there might be a monster there, so I asked, "What were you going to do if there WAS a monster there?" Without even thinking, she said,"Well, if it was a big monster I was going to shut the door very quickly. But if it was a little mean monster, then I was going to pick it up and throw it far, far away." I'd like to see that, Little Miss Scaredy Pants.

One more story. One of Elise's favorite comments to make when she is just not happy is, "You hurt my feelings!" Sometimes I don't even have a clue what I might have done to "hurt her fellings"... it doesn't take much. However, lately she has been saying, "Ouch! You hurt my feelings!" She says ouch with such feeling that the first few times I thought I had for sure stepped on her toe, or something. She can be such a riot.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

She's one smart cookie who knows what's going on...at least she has an opinion and knows how to use it! :)