Friday, February 27, 2009

A Cute Baby Blanket



For a Young Women's Activity this week, the Young Women made a blanket for their leader's new baby boy. They actually made it themselves, with the exception of binding the blanket, so it is not perfect, but I think it turned out so cute! You will notice that the two squares of diagonal print don't run in the same direction - Oh well! I'm not sure what happened there. I just know that when you get 10+ teenage girls in a room with scissors, needles, and a sewing machine, chaos sometimes happens. We used my very favorite fabric (Dick and Jane) and I am now thinking I need to buy some more of this fabric! I love it! I was going to have them make two coordinating burp cloths as well, but we ran out of time after the first one so I made the second one later at home. Can you guess which one the Young Women made by looking? Yes, it is the one that is a bit off center. I laughed when I saw it finished. I actually thought about remaking it, but then I decided to leave it because Nadinna will know for sure that the Young Women actually made it, and not their leaders.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Very cute. I love that fabric.

Unknown said...

Love the Dick and Jane fabric. So nostalgic! It looks so great...both of 'em!