The second lesson came in the cupcakes I made for the Young Women yesterday, pictured above. I thought they were very cute, and Elise absolutely loved them. Chris asked me why I put yucky candy allover the top of delicious cupcakes. I told him to make flowers, thinking maybe he didn't "see" that they were flowers. He told me he totally got that they were supposed to be flowers, but food is supposed to be "tasty" and not "pretty", so why ruin good cupcakes with nasty candy. I have to say that I agree that conversation hearts are one of the grossest candies around, but the flowers were just so darn cute. Then my Father in Law commented later in the day, "If I were I teenage girl I think I would probably think those cupcakes were the best thing around, but I'm not a teenage girl so we'll just leave it at that." The young women, of course, loved them. So, the lesson learned is that women worry about the way things look more, while men mostly just want things to be functional. Oh well, what do you do?
Thursday, February 12, 2009
The Differences between Girls and Boys
We have learned quite a bit about the differences between boys and girls in the Miller household this week. The first was an anatomy lesson which came from Elise. She apparently told her Grandpa that Steven has a big thing on his bum and she doesn't. He was worried that Steven might have a rash or something, so he asked me about it. I had to explain to my father in law that Elise was simply explaining the differences between boys and girls to him. Phew, glad she cleared that one up.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
I love your cute cupcakes. Yeah what is it with guys! They just don't understand that things need to be cute! That's how we women roll! Also, I have to agree with you that conversation hearts are the sickest holiday candy around!
YEA---presentation doesn't matter to most guys! Jordan is totally fine with our guests (mainly his bro & their friends come to stay when passing through) sleeping on the floor with a blanket....no pillow, no sleeping bag...etc. YET---we have 2 airmattresses, & a not-so-comfortable futon! I DID NOT let them sleep on the floor. Cute cupcakes....maybe some like those nasty hearts but presentation matters more--they can throw that part away!
Post a Comment