In celebration of my mother and father in laws 50th Wedding Anniversary, we went on a cruise to Alaska. We left our kids at my parents house for a week, which I will admit I was a little bit nervous about, but everyone survived, and Steven even got his first taste of sausage - you'll have to ask his Nana and Papa for that story. I slept through every night (I hadn't done that in about eight months), took a nap every afternoon, and ate lots of good food. We also went on a raft trip by a glacier (now there's something I never thought I would do), rode ATV's, and saw a lot of pretty scenery. It was a lot of fun. And although it was a very relaxing week without our kids, I was very happy to see them by the time it was over. Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Alaska Cruise
In celebration of my mother and father in laws 50th Wedding Anniversary, we went on a cruise to Alaska. We left our kids at my parents house for a week, which I will admit I was a little bit nervous about, but everyone survived, and Steven even got his first taste of sausage - you'll have to ask his Nana and Papa for that story. I slept through every night (I hadn't done that in about eight months), took a nap every afternoon, and ate lots of good food. We also went on a raft trip by a glacier (now there's something I never thought I would do), rode ATV's, and saw a lot of pretty scenery. It was a lot of fun. And although it was a very relaxing week without our kids, I was very happy to see them by the time it was over.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
You lucky girl! It looks like you had a great time. My how I would LOVE a weeks worth of a full nights sleep and naps during the day. I need to get signed up for that! And hello, you better be seeing me also when you are in Utah this summer or you are in big trouble and I mean BIG! Are you scared yet?
Those photos are so gorgeous! I remember when you went to Alaska back in 2002...because I was living in New York at the time and you sent me a pair of socks, which are nicknamed my "Alaska Socks!" Anywhoo! I'm glad you had such a great time. Eating and sleeping...now that's what I call a VACATION!!
Post a Comment