Last night as I was clearing Buzz Lightyear, Woody, Bullseye and Jessie off of my bed so that I could get in it, I thought to myself, "hmmmmm..... this is something I never had to do before I was a mom." It got me thinking about other things I never did before I was a mom, and I found some of them kind of amusing. So, here are the top ten in random order:
Before I was a mom, I never.....
1. Hid while eating a delicious treat so that I wouldn't have to share.
2. Wiped a runny nose with my bare hand and then wiped my bare hand on an article of clothing to get rid of the snot (usually a kids article of clothing, but occasionally my own)
3. Had yoga pants (or sweats, as Chris calls them) as the main staple in my wardrobe.
4. Avoided the mall at all costs because going there is just such a production.
5. Had my purse full to the brim withtoys, snacks, and drinks everywhere I went, "just in case".
6. Bribed the people I went shopping with by giving them candy, popcorn, and/or soda to get them to behave.
7. Listened to tunes such as "Old McDonald Had a Farm," basically everywhere I drove (seriously, sometimes I will be driving somewhere without the kids and will be a good 5 minutes into the drive before I realize that I am listening to "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" and singing along for absolutely no reason at all.)
8. Ran out the door to an appointment, church meeting, etc., only to realize when I got there that I was covered in _____________ (fill in the blank with anything applicable- cheetohs, barf, ketchup, glue... you get the idea.)
9. Ate an eggo waffle with peanut butter for breakfast nearly every morning because it was just easier to eat what I was making for everyone else.
10. Went many months at a time without ever sleeping more than a few hours straight (thank you Steven and Cameron :-).
11. Had so much laundry to wash or fold that I could literally bury myself in it.
12. Bought almost everything I own at Target.
13. Accidentally spoke the following words to a group of adults by mistake: "I have to go potty." Ooops, did I say that? I meant I have to use the bathroom!
14. Discussed in depth with another adult how to get someone to go poop on the potty.
15. Been peed on while out and about, and decided that it wasn't really that much pee and it would dry soon so I would just finish my errands rather than going home to change first.
Okay, that was actually fifteen, but it's my blog so I guess I can do what I want, right? Anyway, it is kind of funny how having kids changes your life in so many ways that you would never even imagine, and how it is somehow still worth it. It is hard to imagine what life would be like without my three kiddos. Sure I would be well rested, well dressed, etc. However they are definitely worth it.
Saturday, February 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







4 comments:
I love this post! It's so true how every single one is right on the dot!
FUNNY! FUNNY!
Oh my gosh...you CRACK me up! Just what I needed to read after keeping Madi up until midnight then being up with Ally ALLLLLL night then having to wake Madi up at 6am---yes, I'm exhausted so this post really helped to put a smile on my face. Can I copy it for my blog?
Oh I have to comment again on this post because I told my husband the ones I could remember while driving in the car on Sunday and we laughed about them again last night! So funny yet so true!
Post a Comment