Wednesday, September 2, 2009

What a difference a year makes


I think sometimes as I am going about my life, I don't realize how my kids are gradually changing. When I think back to Elise a year ago, I picture her looking just exactly the same as she looks now. So, I decided to look back at a few pictures of her from her birthday a year ago to see how she has changed. I think she definitely looks older, but the changes are becoming more subtle from year to year than they were when she was younger.

Elise on her third birthday:
Elise on her fourth birthday:

By the way, a few people have asked, and yes I did make Elise's Minnie Mouse outfit. The shirt was the easiest thing I have ever made, and turned out really cute. I followed a tutorial I found on a blog to make it, so I thought I would share the link. You can see the tutorial here if you are interested: http://candacetodd.blogspot.com/2009/08/ruffle-sleeve-top-tutorial.html

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

She looks so ADORABLE!!!! I love those pictures from last year and this! Did you make her adorable outfit? I LOVE IT! If so,ummm.... can I hire you to make one for Fin to wear for her first trip to Disneyland? It's only two weeks away... ha,ha... Glad she had a good birthday.

Unknown said...

I remember that photo of her and "Ooh Ooh Ah Ah" She does look so much older.
So, what's the scoop on her outfit. Did you make it? It's so cute.
Also, what did Elise get for her birthday? Is that an American Girl Doll that looks like her?

Kara said...

Yep, I made the outfit. Also, she did get a doll, but it is an "Our Generations" doll from Target that looks like her. They are only about $20, and look a lot like the American Girl dolls.

finnwildon said...

Hello Domestic Goddess!!! I love Elise's polka dot dress. I know that you made it yourself. (When I have a girls I want all of her old clothes!!!) :) Love you.