
I finally finished Elise's Tinkerbell costume and I think it turned out very cute. For many years I have thought that I could definitely NOT sew because of a few projects that went askew when I was about 12. Let's just say I have since learned that when making a bag you should turn it inside out before sewing it, and that napkins are supposed to turn out square instead of as some unidetifiable shape (yes, these were both young women's projects). The costume did end up a little too long through the waist so I had to have my mom help me fix it, but we were able to save it. It just looks so cute on her. I told my mom that it is cute enough that if it weren't for the tuille around the skirt I might put it on her for church! I'm debating whether to put silver ric rac around the neck and arm holes still. I love ric rac, but I can't decide if that would make it look cheesy or cheap. Any opinions out there? She has some very cute wings and slippers to wear with it for Halloween, I will have to post pics. I had so much fun doing this that I have already started my next project...Christmas Jammies for both of my kids.
4 comments:
I am so proud of you! Pat yourself on the back because that is an absolutely darling tinkerbell outfit! I would perhaps leave the ric rac off, as it looks so, so cute as is! :) It's funny that Elise is going to be Tink, because Mary Ann is too! I am going as Wendy, and Curt at Peter...we have to all match! :) I'm not as cool as you and we bought her outfit at Wal-mart. Can't wait to Elise all dolled up for Trick-or-Treats!
I am so impressed, good job! It looks so dang cute!
Wow Kara! It looks so great. So when are you coming out to Utah to sew some costumes for my kiddos. I had a few projects back in the day that didn't really turn out. Maybe you could be my inspiration and I could try again!
WOW! I can handle contain myself! You did a FANTASTIC JOB! I look at patterns ALL the time but I am NO good at sewing! I've done curtains, duvets, a ball for Ally, and currently working on an 8 page quiet book that probably won't be done until the LAST McDo child is a teenager! :) That's how quick I am! I'd love to make a Christmas dress for Ally but I just don't think I"d be able to get it done in time...I've been thinking about starting it since July but I have trouble seeing the end result from a bolt of fabric! :) Take TONS of pictures! I'd love to see her all dressed up!
Post a Comment