Monday, September 29, 2008

A Little Miracle


It is funny how you don't ever think of sleep as being a miracle until you are a mom. Last night Steven, who is almost one, slept through the night for the first time. I can't even believe it! It was definitely a miracle! I woke up feeling so refreshed! No runs to his bedroom to stick his pacifier in his mouth countless times, no rocking him to try to get him back to sleep, no finally giving up and giving in and letting him come into my bed just so I can get a little rest, only to have him smother me and kick me all night long in return. It was beautiful... at least seven hours of pure uninterrupted sleep for me. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he will do a repeat tonight. Anyone reading this can keep their fingers crossed for me as well. Maybe there will be a third little Miller baby somewhere down the line after all.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

dear friend, my fingers are crossed! Mary Ann is not much of a through-the-night sleeper. It has happened once or twice, but I know exactly the pure bliss you are experiencing! Plus, it's very ironic because it was lights-out tonight at 10:00 (miracle!!) for me and Curt. But I've been laying awake for the past nearly 2 hours! I gave up and decided to do some work. Hope you wake up refreshed!

Jordan and Jodi said...

Hey Kara girl! This is Jodi! I seen your blog a few times in passing when I'm on Lins'. How the heck are you? I actually eating your favorite food right now, or at least it was at one time that i lived with you---M&M's! :) Good times! Hey, I'm excited that he has started to sleep through the night. Ally started COMPLETELY sleeping through the night a couple of weeks ago when we got her a DOWN COMFORTER..because she loved ours SO much that we finally figured out that that is what she had wanted all this time. Gosh--one high taste little girl! :) Email me your address so I can invite you to our blog...jmneeley@juno.com