

Elise's preschool does an annual trike-athon as a fundraiser. This year it happened to fall on a very busy Saturday for us, so I was hoping to sort of skim over it without her even realizing what she was missing. However, they talked it up so much at preschool on Friday that she was just not going to forget about it. It was all she could talk about when she got home from school, so we ran to Party City last minute on Friday night and got some stuff to decorate her scooter. Since she has a Tinkerbell scooter anyway, we went with a Tinkerbell theme and it turned out cute. She was pretty cute at the trike-athon too. They rode around in circles for about 20 minutes, and after about 15 she was so worn out that every time she passed me on the track she would yell to me, "Mom, I'm soooooo tired." She is a bit of a drama girl, and so the "tired" looks on her face were just priceless. I would tell her, "Okay, it's almost over, just ride slower if you're too tired." Really though, I had no idea how long they would have them ride or if it really was almost over, so it's a good thing it turned out to be true! Steven was pretty sure that it was his job to run around the track chasing after Elise, but once I talked him out of that he was content to stand by me dancing to the music and yelling "Go Eeese," everytime she came by.
By the way, wondering why most of the other kiddos in the pictures are wearing matching red T shirts and Elise is not? Well, they sort of rope you into selling raffle tickets by playing up to the kids that everyone who sells at least 5 will get a matching T shirt. I wasn't about to sell tickets, but I was sure Elise would be crushed if the whole rest of her class had matching shirts and she didn't so I just ended up buying 5 tickets myself. Then when they gave her the T shirt my little fashionista took one look at the shirt (which
was sort of ugly, by the way) and wanted nothing to do with it. She wanted to keep on her green shirt because it was prettier, and after all, it was a much better Tinkerbell color to go with her theme. That little stinker!

2 comments:
What a darling idea and a great way to raise money! Love the Tinker Bell theme and of course your cute kiddos!
Elise is so stinkin' cute! What a fun thing to do, and I love that picture of her with her 'worn out' face. She's a crack up. Steven is also looking so cute! I hope you're feeling good. I can't wait to see that new baby! Wahoo!!!!! I found the perfect present today.
Post a Comment