Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Sunny Days!

Last week we had some days that were so warm, it almost hit 90 degrees. To be exact, the thermometer on my car read 88 degrees while we were driving around. Elise decided they definitely needed to swim, and at 88 degrees how could I argue? So we put on swimsuits, got out the little pool, and they had a grand old time. Here are a few pictures. My camera died in the middle of one of the shots of them still filling up the pool, so I don't have any of them actually swimming, or "relaxing" in lawn chairs and "eating starbursts to warm them up" (of course, another Elise idea). Here are the few of the pictures I did get though.

How cute are these two?

Steven filling the pool with Elise looking on. I love the look on her face and the hands on her hips. She was absolutely sure that he was too small for a big job like filling the pool, and was positive he was going to somehow do it wrong.

Elise after she took over the pool filling job:Steven, testing out the water:

And in case you could see parts of it in the background of the pictures and were wondering, yes, this big blue beauty is now a permanent fixture in the backyard. I'm sure you are all jealous of my view :-).

3 comments:

Jordan and Jodi said...

TOTALLY CUTE! Are you kidding me...I don't think we'll even buy swimsuits while we live in ILLINOIS....it will never be warm enough to swim! ha ha ha! I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO jealous! Maybe we should come visit so we can swim!

Lindsay said...

Yes, I am incredibly jealous of your warm weather. I am so ready to get outside with my kids and wear shorts and flip flops. Maybe one day we will end up in California and escape from the snow. :) very cute pictures of your kids!

Eric said...

I am curious about how you finally got the truck in the backyard.