Sunday, November 16, 2008
Roasta Rica, Here I come!
My in laws left to go on vacation to Costa Rica yesterday, and Elise was determined she was going to go with them. I told Elise she couldn't go because we didn't save her a seat on the airplane. So, Grandma made the mistake of telling her she would ask the airplane man if there was an extra seat, and if there was she would come back and get her. Of course, Elise was convinced that there would be room for her, so as Grandma and Grandpa were loading up their bags, she came down the stairs in her jammies with her own little suitcase packed with toys and her tennis shoes in her hands, saying, "Bye Mom, I'm going to Roasta Rica with Grandma." I love the logic there. In her mind it is okay to go clear to Costa Rica on an airplane for a whole week with nothing to wear but jammies and the one diaper you have on, but it is just NOT okay to go barefoot or without your favorite toys. She was crushed when I told her she couldn't go. She was crying hysterically that Grandma said she could go ask the airplane man if there was room for her to go to "Roasta Rica." I told her I would miss her too much if she went, but she told me I would be fine because I could just take care of Steven, and Dad would take care of me. She was seriously ready to walk out the door with them. What a funny little girl.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
Just like her shirt says...SWEET! She is one smart Cookie! You know she would have missed you terribly, though! :)
Post a Comment