Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Utah Pit Stop

We flew in and out of Salt Lake and rented a car to drive to my family reunion in Island Park, so it made for a fun little pit stop. I graduated from BYU, and haven't been back to visit in about 4 years, so it was nice to visit. On the way there I had lunch with my old roommates, Lindsay and Elizabeth, and their darling children at one of my old favorite restaurants, Cafe Rio. It was just as delicious as I remembered. Here are some photos from lunch:



Then I visited with my brother and sister and law who moved to Springville about two years ago. It was fun to see them, and Elise loved seeing her cousins. Steven really loved his eleven year old cousin Megan. She would make a great babysitter. Too bad we couldn't bring her home with us. We also made a stop over to see my old roommate Carolyn and her very cute newborn baby boy, Finn. It was great to see old friends and family.

On the way back home we stopped off at Temple Square in Salt Lake. Here are a few photos of my kids from temple grounds:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It was so fabulous to meet you for lunch at "The Rio!" It was fun to see you and your two darling kids! :) My photos from our lunch didn't turn out too perfect, if you get a chance, can you send me the .jpg of the ones you got? Also, cute photos of Temple Square!

Lindsay said...

Hey Kara! It was so great to see you and your cute kids. I have been meaning to post some photos from our lunch, but I have been a slacker. I love the photos of Max and Elise having a great time on the floor. Good times, good times!