Monday, July 7, 2008

A Little More My Speed, Dad!


Since swimming with her dad in the "big" pool on the 4th, and having him try to coax her to go down the "big" slide, Elise has talked about nothing all week but wanting to swim in her "little" elephant pool and go down her "little" slide. So today she finally convinced her mother to blow up her little elephant pool, and believe me, it took some convincing as we do not have an automatic pump to blow it up. We'll just say that there was a fair amount of huffing and puffing involved to get the pool set up. She was so excited to play in the pool, and to go down the little slide with absolutely no coaxing involved. I think perhaps this little pool and slide are a bit more her speed. She even tried to talk her dad into jumping on into her little elephant pool with her, and going down the slide after her, but he respectfully declined. Perhaps the big pool and the big slide are a little more his speed.
Elise going down her little slide:






2 comments:

Lindsay said...

You blew up that entire pool? Way to go Kara! I tried that with Max's pool and thought that I was going to pass out! I love all of your family pictures and the adorable pictures of your kids on the fourth! I'm a complete slacker at blogging these days! I better get into gear or by the time I post my pictures from the fourth it's going to be September! When are you going to be in town?

Unknown said...

You are some sort of super-woman to blow-up that entire pool yourself! Tell Chris you need to invest in a pump! Sheesh woman! Elise is darling and you know, you all already writing down all the darling things she says...on your blog! :)