Wednesday, July 13, 2011

So Steven

I love this picture because it is just so "Steven" in so many ways.

First, he is covered in dirt from head to toe. I don't know another kid that attracts dirt like he does. I'm not sure if he rolls in it or what, but whenever he plays outside he always comes back inside a nice shade of splotchy, dirty, brown.

Second, he is holding his markers. I used to never let him use markers because he just couldn't be trusted. The second I would turn my head he would be doing something naughty with them, whether it be writing on himself, his clothing or a wall. However, the last few months he has proven to be a little more trustworthy, and now that I will let him use markers he wants to make pictures with them everyday.

Third, he is taking a little nap right at the table in the middle of his art project. I promise you that when this kid is really tired he can fall asleep anywhere and doing just about anything. When he decides it is time for a nap, there is just no keeping him awake.

I love that kid, dirt and all!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's a riot! Mary Ann does not fall asleep anywhere but her bed. She's only fallen asleep in her carseat once, when we were on our way from the airport to Miami Beach!

Lindsay said...

What a sweet picture! I wish Finleigh would fall asleep anywhere like that.